Temporary Visa Subclass 485
Applicants wishing to apply for a Temporary Visa Subclass 485
The following applies to graduates with an Australian qualification who are wishing to apply for a Temporary Visa Subclass 485 with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. The Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (the Institute) has introduced a provisional skills assessment procedure for applicants wishing to be granted a Temporary Visa Subclass 485.
In the first instance applicants must hold:
- A qualification comparable to at least the level of an Australian Bachelor degree. The Institute recognises graduates with a Bachelor degree or 12 unit accredited Masters degree in accounting/business/commerce or economics from a recognised Australian university
- Completion of at least 9 out of the 12 core knowledge areas at tertiary level. Each nominated occupation has 4 compulsory core knowledge areas and 5 optional areas
- A general training OR academic IELTS test result of a minimum of 6 on each of the four components - speaking, reading, listening and writing.
Please contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection regarding eligibility requirements to make application for a Temporary Visa Subclass 485.
Once you have received a suitable assessment outcome from the Institute and have been granted a Temporary Visa Subclass 485 by the Department you are required to complete one of the following requirements if you wish to apply for permanent residency:
- Complete the Skilled Migration Internship Program (SMIPA)
- Achieve an IELTS academic test result of at least 7 on each of the four components - speaking, reading, listening and writing.
Article last updated 11 October 2013