About membership and inclusions
There are several types of membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. Membership provides you with:
- The esteemed CA designation. The hallmark of highly qualified, professional and ethical accounting professionals - the highest professional accounting standard in Australia*
- Membership of the Global Accounting Alliance (GAA). The Institute is the only Australian accounting body within the alliance
- Member advantages - special offers on quality products and services from premium suppliers
- The Institute’s government relations, lobbying, and thought leadership initiatives; Contributing to policy development and influencing the legislative and regulatory environment
- Training & Development events, products and support services to keep you up-to-date in specialist accounting areas, changes affecting the profession and all aspects of starting and managing a business
- An ongoing free subscription to Charter - the Institute's magazine, keeping you up-to-date with the latest news in the profession
- Access to the Institute's Online Knowledge Centre catalogue of over 13,000 books and over 80 journals, supported by professional research staff
- Access to hire new modern facilities at competitive rates for training, business meetings or social events. There are Institute facilities for hire in the central business districts of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra supported by experienced and professional event planners
- Access to Institute community groups.
*Affiliate members must be identified with the post-nominal 'Affiliate ICAA'.
By applying for membership, you agree to be bound by the Institute's Supplemental Charter, By-laws and Regulations prescribing the standards of practice and professional conduct and the lawful decisions of the Institute's Board or representatives.
Unless exempted under the Regulations, you are required to complete the prescribed level of training & development requirements each year and maintain personal training records.
Once a member, it is important to maintain your membership by paying the annual membership subscription.
If your membership lapses, you are no longer entitled to vote, call yourself a Chartered Accountant or use the CA designation and you will no longer have access to member benefits, products or services.
Concessional Subscription Rates
You may be eligible for a concessional subscription fee based on earnings, if you are retired or temporarily not working or experiencing financial hardship.
If during the year the circumstances under which you sought, and were approved a concessional rate change, please email us at email@example.com outlining your request to return to fully active membership.
Click here to view the Membership Subscription Fees 2015/2016.
Article last updated 28 May 2015