Become a Chartered Accountant in Australia
The Chartered Accountants designation is the hallmark of a highly qualified, ethical accounting professional. Highly regarded by business, regulators, and members of the public, Chartered Accountants can look forward to a rewarding career at the peak of their profession.
International recognition and career opportunities
By achieving the prestigious Chartered Accountants designation you'll gain access to a wide choice of job roles across hundreds of industries in countries around the world.
You will also join the Global Accounting Alliance – a collective of over 800,000 of the most highly qualified accounting professionals in the world. Through the GAA (as a Chartered Accountant) you will enjoy reciprocal recognition in any of the GAA counties.
Lifelong benefits and support
Throughout your career, membership of the Institute will continue to support you to be, and be seen to be the very best in your field throughout your career.
- The Institute acts to uphold the profession and monitor professional standards and ethics as well as advocating to regulators or key issues affecting the profession
- Ongoing knowledge support in specialist accounting areas, information on changes affecting the profession and all aspects of starting and managing an accounting practice, and tailored support for members working in commerce
- Opportunities to network and connect with other Chartered Accountants
- Access to Institute community and special interest groups
- An ongoing free subscription to the Institute's magazine, Acuity, which features independent and informed news and analysis from commentators, leaders in business and Chartered Accountants on significant accounting issues
- Access to the Institute's Online Knowledge Centre catalogue of over 13,000 books and over 80 journals, supported by professional research staff
- Member Offers – special offers on quality products and services from premium suppliers.
How to become a Chartered Accountant in Australia
To be eligible to apply for membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia, you will have either:
A current member of an overseas Accounting Body that is recognised by the Institute can also apply to become a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia.
Article last updated 12 March 2015